Vortex Energy Overview
Vortex Energy has made a global name for itself, after it was able to amass 822MWs of diversified assets in Europe and the UK. Vortex Energy is sponsored, seeded and managed by Beaufort Investments (a subsidiary of EFG Hermes). Typically, Beaufort invites reputable investors to invest up to 95% of the required amount into each investment SPV created by the Vortex team.
Vortex Energy’s strategy is focused on targeting a mixture of 1) stable long-term contracted assets which generate cash for distributions and a steady yield, and 2) growth assets that increase in value over time.
Operational and financial excellence underpin this strategy and is achieved in-house or via a series of partnerships with best-in-class operators and developers. Vortex has partnered with EDPR and Lightsource BP on various assets, and continues to have an open discussion with global players in the sector.
Our target investor base includes reputable institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds and strategics from Asia, Middle East, Europe and North America.
Three large-scale investments, three financings and two divestments have been completed, while achieving superior returns to the Vortex Energy investors.
Vortex Track Record
Vortex Track Record
Key Business Model Pillars
• Ongoing screening of transactions
• Global outreach through relationships with advisors, developers, operators, utility provides and IPPs
• Experience in conducting due diligence, transaction negotiation & structuring
• A growing investor base
• Negotiated PPA & supervised O&M activities
• Overlooking 3 portfolios – including a 100% owned portfolio
• Refinancing over subscribed c.2x
• >10 leading European banks lending Vortex managed portfolios
• Active asset management with operator
• Divestment of the portfolios in 2019
• Value enhancement at exit and during the investment period achieved through smoothly combining a sizable and diversified portfolio